About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

S is for Stretch Ar . . . Star Wars

I shot these in Lidl a couple of weeks ago and posted them on Brain Heiler's Faceplant group page, as I know there's a fair-few Star Wars fans there, and Jay Luttrull reported they were showing up at Meijer and Walgreens, where they are likely to hang-around longer than the week or so of Lidl's weekly-bargain model!


If you were a fan of Stretch Armstrong, Stretch Monster or Stretch whatever-the-other-one-was-called, you must want these! Star Wars stretchers, from Character Options, although the bad guys seem to have carried more sway in the design-meetings!

2 comments:

John said...

I must check LIDL out.
Earlier this week I was saying that there is almost a total absence of rack toys in the usual outlets such as Poundland, Around A Pound and in their Dublin counterparts Dealz, Eurozone,
I only came back to Toy Soldiers in January as my grandson had taken up model making. A ten year gap from 2013.
But in 2013 there seemed to be a lot of rack toys around. Maybe its cyclical. They come and go but some such as Horrible Histories seem to have a short shelf life.
Indeed brands,,,,Italeri, Imex, Accurate have gone.

Hugh Walter said...

I think it's all on-line John . . . I've just had a very depressing afternoon's shopping in Basingrad and Farnham, and it's not that the high street's dying, it's dead, it just doesn't know when to fall down.

H