About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

F is for Follow-Up - Hong Kong Circus

Having finally tracked-down and Blogged the plate-spinning Gorilla, earlier in the year, my Christmas-present from Adrian was a loose lot of the Marty/M-Toy/Maysun (May Moon) circus animals, with duplicates of most of the performing animals, including a second Gorilla and the, then, still sought Poodle with tyre!
 
Seems a bit cruel really, but that's why animals have been all but phased-out of most circuses, certainly those in developed, enlightened countries/regions. I thought it was missing from the forehead, but it's perched on the nose, and it's not a small tyre, it's a whole wheel/tyre assembly of wheelbarrow, or bigger variety! Below are the rest of Adrian's with one or two I had here/screen-caps, for a visual check-list.

With three of the previously seen animals.

More paint on the plate!

Commoner Crescent piracies.

Ex-Crescent people.

The main sample are in storage, except the female animal-trainer who is here on the carded set, I am still seeking the rearing Giraffe, a Britains baby-giraffe conversion, which should be the last to find, but new sculpts do keep turning-up!?? Thanks, Adrian!