About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 14, 2023

B is for Bevy of Bright Baubles!

Hay-ho, busy morning, but I seem to have a moment of quiet now! A few Christmas baubles I have seen around, or shot out and about, which for whatever reason were left where I saw them!

I really can't remember where I saw this, or imagine who would want it on their Christmas tree, it's all a bit Halloween rather than Christ's birth, but it is a traditional glass blown one, and amusing?
 

Garden-center the other week, I think?
Under the glitter is a pink/purple zone toy!

Asda Stores; horrid! Fine as key-rings, fine as mobile-phone loop hangers, but on a Christmas tree? Seriously? I wouldn't want to be seen dead with this shit on my tree? We are sliding toward oblivion on the slimy piled-remnants of the salesman's product-placed bollocks. But look at all those empty hooks, they've sold hundreds, to little consumer-units who haven't the faintest idea what Christmas should be about.
 
TKMaxx; variations on a theme, more commonly seen here in relation to cakes, or, on one occasion, a music box! Too big and baseless for figure collectors, and too girly for my tree, they stayed where they were!
 
Also TKMaxx, but a few weeks later. I would have bought this, if it was a single, but it came with that phuqing-awful controller? Who the hell would put that on their tree? And it's too poor to go to charity either. And, it's a games-controller, not a B/O robot control? Just naff!
 

As were these (TKMaxx, not naff!), I actually bought them for some friends of Mums, who are both keen gardeners, with the instruction that if they don't like them, they can pass them on, but I hope they will, they are fun, harmless and not some licensed bollocks!
 
I think I found this lot on evilBay, last year, doing all the Nativity posts, now, I'm not religious enough to put them on my tree, but they are blown-glass, and quite well executed, so if you were religious, I can see the appeal. And if you were clever, you could hang the Little baby Jesus with his Mum & Stepdad, in a slight hollow portion of the tree and have the rest surrounding it . . . I'd spread them all over, so they had to shout at each other!
 
I think all the rest are feebleBay finds to be honest, I thought these were nice, because, Soldiers! And a sort of Santa/Eastern-Othodox looking mage!
 
I saved this shot as we had these when we were kids, in fact I think there may still be a blue survivor, and possibly a pink one with my 'gay tree' stuff, the missing ones are another polka dot, and three green versions of the others, probably Woolworth's, back in the day and I always wondered why the unmatching polka dots were in there, with the banded ones!
 
And another military type to finish off!

No comments: