About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

D is for Dino-Dozen!

First, let's get it straight, that this isn't me copying AY who posted some lovely dinosaurs the other day, these have been in the queue for several weeks, and I meant to get them out before Christmas, but they had tons left the other day, so they will be part of the standard stock, and run for a while I suspect.

Poundland! When they brought out the Prehisterror Series 1, you may remember I kept going back for 'Series 2', only for four larger ones to appear, along with a dragon thing I left behind, not marked '2', and neither, several years later are these, but size wise they might as well be series two, and are certainly under the same Prehisterror brand-mark?
 
But, if you are being dragged round the post-Crimbo' sales over the next few days, you can do worse than sneak-off to Poundland and fill yer'boots with these, as they are only a quid-each, and really very good sculpts, very well decorated, even if one or two are a tad colourful.
 
Obviously, you can't beat a good Dimetrodon, and this one is particularly good, with a nice dog-like snout, while the two steggie-types have been giving the most colourful decoration!
 
Studies of the Carnotaurus, if the Chinese can send this out for a pound, one does have to wonder why you shell out 15, or 20-quid for a Schleich, Papo, CollectA or Toyway one? They are - as good as - made and decorated by the same people in the same factories, and one can only assume the Schleich-buyers are subsidising the Poundland customers, through some complicated Chinese maths, which is the sort of taxation I like!
 
Each comes with a little collector-card, the artwork has been nicked from an older book I suspect, while the obverse is the same on all cards. Clearly the Dimetrodon on the card bears little resemblance to the toy, and they are all like that!
 
This should have loaded as second-image, but Blogger has a mind of it's own these days, and you either load one-at-a-time, or accept problems, and, as soon as you start moving things around, the codeing all goes to pot, and it takes forever to get everything looking uniform again, so I tend not to bother! It was just packaging close-ups, anyway!
 
EY's more measured approach to scale/size, while the scale here is, errr . . . small-to-medium-small!

No comments: