About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, December 4, 2023

H is for Horrified B-Movie Victimes

Let's just unpack that, shall we? They are horrified, fair enough, something bad's happening, they are B-Movie, because A-Movie actors don't ham-it-up this bad? And they are victims, apparently none of them will get off scot-free, even if they survive unscathed, the trauma will be with them forever!

Accoutrements / Archie McPhee's novelty terrified citizenry, they are fun, and nicely done, but they are too big for most toy or model figures to play with, so it is a case of posing them with the cat, or a teddy-bear and then sending them to the back of the kitchen drawer, or recycling!

The couple, he hasn't a clue, but he'll drag her with him!
And the hysterical one!

The ladies; light-pink looks like she has a plan and is determined to carry it out, or try it, dark pink has accepted here fate, which buys everyone else some time, while Big-Ted stops to eat her! Green has frozen and will be next! Avoid-snog-marry I think!

The guys aren't doing much better, but red, orange, what colour is that? Shirt-man has found a gun, he's probably a concealed-carry geography teacher (explains the shirt), 'cos everybody knows the more guns you can get into a classroom, legally, the safer everyone is! Indeed, the more guns the better, the staggering death-tolls in Europe, and particularly Britain, is purely down to the lack of guns!
 
I guess they are really designed for big gorilla or Godzilla type toys, or those soft-play giant dinosaurs, something like that? Anyway: box ticked!

No comments: