About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, May 20, 2023

C is for Canoes - 12 - Triples

Welp, I'm already at Sandown Park for a day of toy mania, but for those of you who aren't with me, or already wending your way to Esher or its environs, here's a few of the 'three-handers' available for your generic Native American tribe!

The re-issue of the Cherilea canoe is getting harder to find itself, but for those whose budget can't stretch to the original which we saw here (shot on Adrian's stall, at Sandown ironically - and equally ironically; I don't have either model yet!), it's a nice model, if a little hard to keep level, yet probably too heavy to float well?

Here it is off on a raid with a Dulcop-Timpo combination on the left, Dulcop providing the boat, while a Dulcop-Hong Kong combi' on the right have the crew coming from Italy! The Cherilea is in five parts, with each crew-member having a plug-in station on the deck insert.
 
Also from Brian, is this shot of the later (?) MPC offering, another triple-crewed vessel, this one has three of their own 60mm  'ring-hand' figures who had holes in their bases which slid over a stud in the deck of the boat.
 
While this (which won't enlarge much, I'm afraid) is from a Toy House/World Toy House leaflet and is probably a Hong Kong copy of MPC's other trio-boat, with piracies of Tim Mee's 60mm figures. It would fit with the wagon recently seen on Ed's Blog, and seen a while ago here. MPC also did a two-hander in the Jungle range.

No comments: