About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

C is for Canoes - 15 - Hong Kong 1

I should have keyed this in after the triples, as it's another version of the stretched-limo' of canoes, somewhere between the post-Giant HO one and the various MPC-Toy House ones with Tim Mee-clone figures, as we saw on Saturday last.


Brian actually sent one of these to the Blog which we looked at here, but I didn't open it as I knew we had this lot in edit! Detail wise it's as featureless as can be, but it has the lines, with the swept-up tips, and as a 'war-canoe' can be stuffed with figures, for a proper carpet raiding-party!

At last! The skulking guy on the Island gets picked up for a day trip! The funny thing is, we're going to have to return to this, because despite all the photo's in two posts, there's no decent shot of the interior, so I can't show how it differs from the other similar canoes! And that's my fault 'cos I had the bloody-thing in front of me at one point! When it all gets sorted at the other end . . . !
 
In the meantime, I did have a few of the crew in the loose, unsorted zone (standing with the scalp), and with the canoes in the canoe & raft box (paddler), but I hadn't made the connection between the two, thinking the scalper was more of a Texas knock-off type thing!

I think the rower has an original (Cherilea?) oar, and I've placed him in one of the worst of modern rack-toy canoes, and I mean sub-Hing Fat (who are responsible for one of the Britains' 'trapper' canoe copies), which is no more than a silver blob, and manages to look like an inflatable beach-toy!

No comments: