About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

T is for Two - Scarlet Space Fleet!

These two came flying-in from the US-of-A a week or so ago. I think I did add an X-100 about a year and a half ago, possibly a blue or silver (more likely) one, which I vaguely remember putting with the others and sending-off to storage, but I think if you're going to have a Pyro one, it needs to be red!

 
It has suffered a dink to the rear fin, which has been smoothed-off by a previous owner, but is otherwise a clean one with all wheels and a clear Pyro mark under the left wing, which is in exactly the same place as the Kleeware/Tudor Rose 'Made In England' one we looked at the other day, confirming (to me, as I've not compared these before now) that it was a removable drum in the tool, which I have suggested in the past.

This is a Thomas Toy 'ACME' futuristic Airport Limosine, which has most of the future bits firmly anchored in the 1950's, as each decade's sci-fi tends to sit within the meilleur of its own time, Star Wars managing to be an exception, keeping a similar look throughout, which Star Trek didn't quite manage, think of the 1980's uniforms of the early movies!
 
Duty pilots switch at launch-bay Red 1, while service droids get busy with maintenance and pre-flight checks!

No comments: