About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, May 5, 2023

W is for White Button Walkers . . . and a Jumper!

Having seen a jumping Guardsman in the previous post, I guess this little lot can slot in here, as, while they are mostly robots, there's another of the riders first!
 
I think we are actually talking US cavalry here? But with Union and Confederate versions of the white-button walkers out there, he could be drafted into the Union forces. Size wise, he could be a useful officer to a bunch of Playmobil infantry, if you're into that kind of thing  - and two recent books on toy soldiers have both touched on them? It's not for me, I haven't got the room for more juvenilia, and I have enough infant toys, not least; US Cavalry Jumpers! And Robots;

C & D industrial (or Industry) Ltd., are claiming responsibility for this slightly demented-looking blue-meanie! It's almost like they've tried to apply the rules of those spiky Manzinger Z/Gundam types to a traditional walker, with a bit of the then current big hit - R2D2 - thrown in for good measure!
 
Lovin' this guy, very similar to the yellow childhood one who was the first of these seen here at Small Scale World, and he has a similar removable, coloured, transparent dome and chromium-plated gubbins beneath, however I think he's a rival set as the dome is deeper and the feet are different, I well remember when the yellow-one was found in a Christmas stocking, the other stocking had a different design, but the domes were the same!
 
This guy is definitely mirroring one of the larger battery-operated types, but in miniature, it's almost a disappointment his cabinet doors don't open to stream-forth a shower of sparks! I also think he's probably the newest seen here yet, and modern China-production (no markings), maybe even quite contemporary?

And, yes, I'm still up, listening to the local election results, Tories are getting a kicking, and Labour are under performing, so the Librals and greens are picking up the slack!

No comments: