About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

H is for How They Come In - Chris - Monsters!

It is always the unexpected oddities which make 'mixed junk' lots so interesting and fun to unpack and sort out. I've had an odd finger puppet in the collection for many years, a vaguely Kaiju looking monster.

One of the first things I saw when I'd lifted the bags of small scale Hong Kong Wild West off the top of Chris's parcel contents was another, a frisson of disappointment crossed my mind, because when you find a second of something, there's always the possibility that 'that is that', a one-off, of which you now have two . . . 
 
. . . but then I found a second, buried, and instantly thought 'another', then saw it was different and looking again at the first one, realised neither is the same as my hanger-around (who has a smoother 'skirt'), so immediately went to officially bloody chuffed with these! I further have a vague memory of a fourth now, in brown, but I may have invented it in my head?

But, yeah! When it comes to 1970's (or even 1960's/) rack-toy tat, these will take some beating! And I love them, cheers Chris!

Another oddity in the most recent lot from Chris was this, which is sort of a bull, sort of something more fearsome and nameless, Devil'some even, yet also cartoony!
 
I'm guessing it belongs to one of those double string things, with the discs at either end. Where it would dance up and down the lines, due to the holes in hands and feet. Like the skeleton and Devil-Santa we looked at in [a] previous lot/s from Chris. But it could be a sort of Jacob's ladder climber type thing - fun anyway, and new to Blog!

No comments: