About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, May 7, 2023

R is for Rubber Riders

Just a quickie, from the 'Seen Elsewhere' folder, I happened to find, while sorting a while ago, all the common iterations of Thomas's rider figure in one place, at the same time, so I shot them together.

From the left; Vintage biker with 1930/40's soft 'driving' hat* and googles, the motorcycle in hard polystyrene, the rider a soft PVC, then the Jeep driver, who we worked-out might double as a stretcher-bearer, he's polyethylene, although PVC ones can be found I think, finally the Mexican on a donkey, all PVC, but the donkey can be found in polyethylene. His hat is a plug-on . . . or wedge-on!

*It's actually more of a 'Newsboys' hat, than the true driving hat, aka; 'Ivy 'or Flat hat

No comments: