About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

B is for Blind Bag Box Tick

We've seen Sambro before, doing quite high-quality Turtles of the Ninja variety and Minions of the eraser type, so these blind bags are a bit of a disappointment, but there you go, we buy this shit (in Poundland I think, but it might have been ASDA?) so you don't have to!
 
The more disappointing of the two, a Spinosaurus, nice as it will help ID any future incomers from the same set (on the reverse of the bag). Made of a modern, semi-foamed, PVC-alike, it's quite akin to silicon, and could be a type of the same? But flashy and with a slack-jaw from early removal from the tool (I suspect), the painting is limited to a casual pass with gloss-green!

Slightly better, but probably for being a simpler sculpt, and the same part stretchy, part clammy (but not the same as full-on stretchies) elastomer, and painting is two colours this time; an all-over gloss red and a glancing pass of gloss yellow (a reverse job suggested on the bag), the undecorated underside with red-blowback giving it a greater realism, which would have held better without the yellow stripe!

That's it, box ticked, a 3rd for Sambro on the tag list! Out there now, somewhere!

1 comment:

Hugh Walter said...

Well, with the sea-life ones, Jan, I should have looked at the back of the pack then felt the other bags, as I would probably have preferred the sea-slug/sea-cucumber! I'm not so sure it would work for the dino's, they are quite soft rubber!

H