About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

D is for Ducks, Dogs, Deer, Dairy and Dobbin Dudes!

The penultimate post of Jon Attwood's parcel brings us to the domestic animals and farm stock, although some pesky penguins snuck-in under the classification radar while my back was turned, changing batteries!

Dogs; we looked at an overview of collie-dog sheep dogs a while ago, yet here appear to be several new sizes/sculpts/makers! In addition to the other perennial favourite, scot's terriers or 'Scottie Dogs'! The Alsatian, the brown one (pointer?) and the Airedale (?) look like they belong to a 'toob set'?
 
The penguins are shooing the poultry back to the yard for bedtime! Most of the front row are also from a toob or rack-toy set I think, and there's a fair bit of this stuff around, all to be sorted-out at some point in the future! The exception, is the white goose, who I don't recognise, but is polyethylene, and with a bit of age I think, so early British or US production?
 
Oooh, is that a Gem lamb? Just what's needed for Mary and Bo'Peep as they are always losing thiers, or chucking them in the air! 
 
Mary had a little lamb
It's fleece was white as snow
And everywhere that Mary went
The lamb was sure to follow

So she led it to the abattoir
I'm sure you can guess the rest?
Now Mary's having cutlets
For her roasted Sunday best!
 
Randolf the red-nosed big sheep and other China'mals, the two deer and - possibly - the grey sheep also being toob-types?
 
Piggy-wigs! Four China'mals and a marbled Blue Box!

Onkey-donks, there is a post of Donkeys in the long queue, a couple of 'lazy-post' group shots, like the Rhino ones, which have risen to become the most popular post ever? And a few more have come in, so I might do another group shot and get them out over Christmas?

Mookeys; or is it Mookies, I don't think I've ever given it much thought! I like the two large ones, modern Chinese production, but rather nice sculpts I think? The two littlies are also China, (toob set again), as is the brown one, while the Guernsey/Jersey is an earlier Hong Kong jobbie, with Blue Box DNA, and the calf down the bottom is from our own Crescent Toy Co.

You may recall the mass of horses in Jon's previous parcel, so these must be the escape committee, found hiding in a wooden glider? The two down the bottom are interesting, and I'd take any information given, they are odd poses, almost complaining about being shown the load, or being backed into the load, and the paint looks commerical, but the scale isn't model-railway, so I'm wondering if they're from maybe one of the many fund-raising models for the RNLI over the years? As a lifeboat-towing team, something like that, circus animals? [later the same day; Corgi Circus - tag added, cheers Jon!]
 
The really big one is a dressage horse from Schleich, with the small one to it's right being from one of those Revell/Pyro/Life-Like/Merit wagon kits I think, and we saw the Blue Box Japanese officer's mount the other day! It's all grist to the mill, and I thank Mr Attwood for them, as always.

2 comments:

jon attwood said...

The two metal horses at the bottom are by Corgi, from a Chipperfields circus set, probably Corgi Classics 31901 - Mary Chipperfield's Liberty horses.
Glad these are useful to the blog, thanks for posting.
J

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Jon! And many thanks! Yes, I should have thought (in fact I think you mentioned it in an eMail!), as I posted some warehouse workers/mechanics from those whitemetal Corgi accessories a few years ago - I'll add the tag!

Railway stuff in December!

H