About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

W is for Water World

The next part of Jon Attwood's donation parcel to be looked at is the sea, pond or river life, and lots of interesting items were hiding among the dinosaurs, to be uncovered and shared here.

Bottom feeders, and the nice kind which aren't bidding against you on feebleBay to turn a quick profit on the only two things in the lot worth the not quite as much as they will reappear for, a few days later, on a BIN!

The larger lobster is marked for Shing Hing, and the two bigger starfish (brittle-stars) are maked BCLA 1997, which may mean something to someone (there could be a connection with the US 'jobber' Imperial?), the rest are simple 'China' marks.

Sharks, the two yellows are from one maker, the other pair from another, with a simple 'Shark China' on the yellows' (colour variants of the same sculpt) and only a China on the other two.
 
Mostly unmarked or carrying simple China-marks, the reef and flat-fish, I think the unmarked may have "Hong Kong" age, while the others are a little newer.
 
The cetacean sample has big whales (they're not a country Donald!), modelled small! Dolphins and probably a porpoise (I'm not sure if I know the difference - like kangaroos and wallabies; does it just come down to size and blood-tests?!) and a killer whale, off to Gibraltar to sink a yacht!
 
The fur-seal pup, is a two-part, possibly Iwako type eraser, but the polymer's a bit too hard, and the grey pup in a larger scale is in a dense 'polystone', and again the small sample ticks all the boxes, with seals, sea-lions and a walrus!
 
A frog of more decorative/ornamental origin, and two turtles and a tortoise who dragged some lizards to the party! For terrapins, see kangaroo/porpoise note above!

Again I thank Jon for sending them to the Blog, and we will have final reckonings when all this stuff is reunited, soon I hope, and we can start tying all the odds into sets, and attributing them to brands, lines or generic rack-toy titles!

No comments: