About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, November 27, 2023

O is for Odds & Sods - Other Figures

Although Jon's last parcel was filled with non-human animals, there were a fair few bipedal troublemakers too, and these are the rest, we looked at the small scale the other day. It's an eclectic mix with some interesting peeps!

A bit of a cheat given it could have gone with the other vehicles, but there's definitely a rider there, on the big one! Looks like it might be some sort of stunt-toy, or trick cycle with the metal studs and thin wheels - for running in tracks of some kind?
 
The others are three Micro-Machines and a Kinder type, which will enhance those corners of the collection. I did a sort of mini-season on [small-scale] motorcycles right back at the start of the blog, but never got on to the Galoob ones, so that's still for another day, and while I got into the hang of regular M/C post/updates, the next is overdue, so I'll have to address that!

Three lovey Native Americans, the Crescent Mohican (left) a particular treasure, while the Chromoplasto one is also lovely and quite animated compared to some, even most, of the other sculpts in that range of vulcanised [tyre] rubber figures.
 
The Marx six-inch is the less common hard polystyrene version, and I may try to replace the missing barrel at some point, you can hide the mend under solid strokes of gloss brown and black! While the Lik Be copy (he might be an LB original?) is in a new size - for the material (polystyrene) at around 50mm.

More Wild West, and the highlights are to the right, with a Cherilea (Hilco, from the plastic colour, Phoenix?) Indian with seperate headdress, sadly damages (as most are), but I've only ever seen chalky-brown ones before, and definitely have a spare headdress for this one somewhere!
 
While one of the few casualties of the Post Office's ministrations was the possibly Spanish-made cavalryman, whose hand is a clean-break, and should be glueable.

This horse may be Spanish as well, and once ID'd I may have a correct rider for him, but weather Wild West, Ceremonial or something else I don't yet know! Not sure if I have/had the 60mm Crescent guardsman either, but I do now!
 
The zookeeper is an oversized copy of the Britains one, possibly by Roggaz/ZZ, although in polystyrene as it is, it maybe someone else? And the mini-action-figure wit a bulls head (Minotaur?) is fun, I don't know what franchise he's from but suspect something Japanese, and televisual in origin?
 
Kinder bits go in the Kinder zone for sorting, reuniting with their accessories and building into sets! I suspect that blue nose is a little crayon, Kinder had a habit a few years ago of putting these little crayons (which last only minutes) in the tips of things and including a very small colouring sheet in the capsule-egg.
 
Combat troops; another post-office casualty, a couple for the Khaki Infantry page (kneeling firer appears to be a new - to me - Hong Kong figure) and a Monogram knock-off along with a Timpo para' sans base and a businesslike Lone Star figure.
 
The rest, the right hand picture nearly got dropped it's so poor, but the footballer will be in the next football round-up, and Timpo spares are always useful, while in the left-hand shot, the crab and ray are rather sweet, flocked in the Sylvanian Families fashion (with airbrushed detailing), while the huge medieval war-horse is by Chap Mai, and I'll have to look out for a rider!
 
Thanking Jon Attwood again for all this, as you can see, it's a fine collection of all-sorts!

No comments: