About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

T is for Two - Phidal's Recent Additions

We haven't looked at Phidal for a while, and while I do keep a look-out, and TKMaxx have had a few batches of deliveries since we last looked, they have mostly been duplicates or things no-one here wants to see! However, I have picked up two since whenever, and shot them separately as they came in, so here they are:

This one was shot back last December, and yet it missed both the December post and the April posts, plural, so I don't know what happened there, except if you're following things here, we all know I lost the folder in Picasa! Also, the PC was dying back then?
 
Not a lot to add, more Minions! Given the actual sizes of Minions and both the favoured sizes of infant playthings in general, and Phidal's 'premium' inclusions in particular, there are a lot of minions out there and most of them are around the same size, certainly you could force perspective on a huge crowd of them by placing the smaller ones closer to the camera and larger ones further back!

Meanwhile, this has been around for a while, and while I shot it in February, it had actually, already made the December round-up, albeit with a lesser figure shot, so no harm looking at it again for a second bite!
 
All the favourites are there . . . and Christopher Robin!
 
Rabbit reminds me of my own . . . 

 
Now, Hitler never got his hands on my pink rabbit, but we did have to look for him in the fog one night driving up to Ipswich on the old . . . must have been A13, A14? After he jumped out of the window!
 
In those days (before 1969) it was a series of dual-carriageways with intermittent roundabouts, and as I cried-out the instant he 'jumped', Mum had the presence of mind to make a note of roughly where it was (in thick fog, and the dark), as she had to go-on to the next roundabout, drive back to the previous one and then crawl up to the area where hopefully Pink Rabbit had stopped for some fresh grass, without picking-up a large lorry as a boot-ornament?
 
Anyway, he was found, without everyone dying under an ERF or Guy Ant! And he's still here, now guarding the Sharpie zone! He actually turned-up among Mum's things, and I thought he was in storage with my stuff, so she obviously rescued him from my teenage disinterest at some point!
 
He looks like a version of the R. Dakin pink rabbit, which back then probably wouldn't have been shipped over here (a US firm), so he may have been acquired in Bahrain which I visited at six months old, or maybe Granny Hall got him from somewhere like Harrods - who back then would have stocked all foreign brands, as their selling point was everything in the world under one roof, although the urban myth in the playground was that you had to order whale or elephant steaks in advance, and there was a six-month waiting list for a whole, live elephant!
 
Strangely, the playground gurus didn't have an opinion on the waiting time for a whole, live whale, or the instruments of delivery?

No comments: