About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, November 10, 2023

F is for Farm Follow-up to the Farm Follow-up!

I found the March 1955 Tudor Rose leaflet sorting other stuff over the last few days, paperwork; don't yah just hate it? And it has the farm set! Which (previous Post) is about six Posts down this page.

No wonder the animals have been coming in so slowly and so few at-a-time, allowing for losses and damage, you need to find the remains of a lot of sets to find all the animals in all the possible colours, although it's starting to look like the fencing was only ever manufactured in brown.
 
The wagon is a version of the nodding-horse wagons, popular at the time, but instead of the cam-wheel under the horses, a more complicated arrangement of sliding draw-bars seems to have been employed, presumably to get round someone else (Thomas/Acme, Dillon-Beck, Hardy?)'s patent/copyright?

No comments: