About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

H is for How They Come in - Charity Shops Again!

I picked up a couple of bags, just after the last post on the subject, then managed to find a couple more shots I'd missed (which aren't in the big folder of stuff waiting), so here's a few bits, some of which we may have seen before?

 
Two-quid for a very mixed bag, several of which pieces will go back to a different charity shop in the next donation from me, but from which a few useful pieces were sorted into the collection, and well look at the better pieces below.
 
The dinosaurs will feature in a forthcoming post on erasersaurs, for that is what I think they are! The two lady bears are 'In My Pocket' toys from Morrison, while the red stuff is a right old mix, Nabisco Dougal, the unknown premium elephant we looked at years ago next to the Kellogg's-Raja-Dunkin ones and a bear previously shelfied in pastel shades as Baby Shower rack toys, AND found in the street in yellow plastic.
 
The ball, soft-foam, which is increasingly turning-up in these mixed lots, is from some rival to Nerf Guns, which I did see the name of the other day, but forgot to note!

I picked this up because it was cheap, and the basket was undamaged (along with all those ears!), so it was a rather fine example of a new name - Avon 'Forest friends' - for both the Tag list and the A-Z blogs - eventually! Probably meant to post it at Easter, may have, but found these images anyway!
 
The other recent bag - I seem to have veritable herds of these in dozens of sizes, sets, plastic types, because obviously it was a very successful movie, and got heavily covered, even until now, and I will have to sit down at some point in the future, and sort them all out, for a proper ID session/disambiguation post! Disney's Frozen!
 
While this was a 50p purchase a year or two ago which we may have had here, real borderline as far as taking the term 'figural' goes, but fun, and the sort of home-made stuff gift-shops still carried when I was a kid and Hong Kong's tsunami of polymer had barely started to flow!

No comments: