About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, November 3, 2023

S is for Supertops!

Bloody knackered, and I'm off to bed, in a nice warm room after a nice warm bath! But I thought I'd shove this out before I retire to the reward for the weary! We saw them here, a while ago now, but not all of them I think, and I seem to recall someone put me right on the Batgirl!

On the left what I think is a complete set of six DC superhero pencil tops of Hong Kong, but otherwise unknown heritage - I need a better paint Batman! Then a colour variation of The Flash, with a bootlegged, fatty-copy, bottom right and a -probably - late issue/reissue from the original tool in generic coloured plastic, a'la Diener Industries and others.


4 comments:

Terranova47 said...

That's not the FLASH. It's the C.C.Beck Captain Marvel or SHAZAM.

Hugh Walter said...

A bit of Google'ing later . . . yes, it could be either, I thought Captain Marvel was er . . . Marvel Comics, that must have hurt! So long as it's DC it fits! I didn't know either were that popular, but that's a disinterested Brit's opinion! Cheers Brian!

H

Terranova47 said...

The more interesting thing is that when Fawcet Comics discontinued Captain Marvel because of DC Comics pressure, the b/w British reprints had to end and the character became MARVELMAN by artist Mick Anglo.

Hugh Walter said...

I got the gist from Wikipedia Terra' , but I really can't get excited over six or seven versions of five iterations of three company's, similarly-besuited chaps! There's one Judge Dredd, there's one Valerian, There's one Lone Slone, and that's how I like my superhero's . . . Anti-heroes, and one!

H