About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, November 13, 2023

S is for Sometimes . . .

 . . . I can be a silly-old Hector!
 
Having nearly (there was the forgotten skeletons shot!) managed to get out all the Halloween posts, on Halloween, which included some I was working on the same day, and others which were all together in the 'Halloween 2023' folder which gets added to all year, plus any contributions, the 'special' days become a panic and lead to a sigh of relief if they mostly come off, and having got everything out of Picasa, I was happy.
 
But, I just noticed a folder on the desktop which simply said 'Halloween' and I thought "Oh no, I've forgotten a/some contributions?" (as they tend to end up on the desk-top!), but thankfully it is two fanatsy lots, I'd put on hold for Halloween, and they can go anytime, so here's one!
 
Issued in the mid-late 1980's, you are supposed to get four polyethylene figures in a polystyrene 'toob' made to look like a lookout tower (just the sort of random 'folly' role-players like on the gaming table!), but mine had five if you include the dragon, which we saw here once before, so I must have two, as I know I grabbed that one at random, at the time, and posted it as unknown!
 
The figures are based on old Ral Partha figures I think, or some similar range, Aureola Rococo (minifigs) or AD&D? Pretty sure I had the lizard with a club in that dark-grey whitemetal, it used to oxidise to! And they were sold like this, the lid taped-on over the label, so a counter-top 'outer', with maybe 16 or 20-odd towers?

The four figures from my set, I do have some more, lose, somewhere, but this stuff is all in storage now, however, as always we can rely on Shaun at Fantasy Toy soldiers to show the rest! And a second series, which has escaped me entirely! He also thinks the contents sometimes exceeded the stated number, good way to get kids to go back for another set, I guess - convince them they are getting a 'forbidden' bargain?

The other side of the dragon!

2 comments:

Gisby said...

The Lizardman is Grenadier 2010 (e) Lizardman, Club from the Boxed Set '2010 Denizens of the Swamp' (https://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=AD%26D_-_Small_Figure_Sets#2010)

Hugh Walter said...

Hahahahaha! My god sir! You're a star, you nail it every time! I'm sure I had him in my youth Gisby, he probably came-apart at the ankles and got melted-down!

Cheers
H