About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 5, 2023

H is for How They Come In - Peter - July II

Right at the end of July another parcel came from Peter Evans with all sorts of goodies in it, and it's all right here, right now!

I think the upside-down blister card is a set of sea-life, which I meant to blog a few days/weeks later, in what was, then, about to be Rack Toy Month, but I ran out of time or something, 'cos there's plenty of sea-life for another round-up . . . soon maybe?
 
Hing Fat's current US infantry on the left, with late Ri Toys (Rado Industries) or early Hing Fat clones of Ri Toys on the right. The US are interesting because while the publicity shot shows everyone having oblong bases, rounded ones keep turning up as we shall see in the next post, for now though, both the kneeling firer and flamethrower operator here, have oblong bases in Hing Fat's own catalogue image! Matchbox DNA in nearly every pore!

A very pastoral scene, of various sheep and sheepdogs, some new to the Blog and/or collection, while you can never have too many of the Britains farm-family clones, because there are so many to find!
 
Mixed poultry, another growing corner of the collection, and ducks particularly have their own collector-base, so there's always new ones to find!
 
Scenic stuff, there is - you may not be surprised to read - a whole tub of traffic cones somewhere, and I guess one day I will do a page of them and try to ID as many as possible, they are actually quite easy to ID, once you start digging through catalogues, as they are mostly big-box/play-set stuff!
 
Civilians - Matchbox and Britains on the end, probably Pioneer in the middle, an old Hong Kong farm-girl, now out of China and two of the little Supreme GI's. The spinning novelty looks Christmas Cracker sized, and will go in the tub with all the other spinning-tops and suchlike!
 
While we have two more 'maybe Pioneer' here; fireman (Zita) and soldier (Realtoy/Dacron), with an unknown mechanic and the firefighter carrying a baby whom we saw in HTI packaging (early 'Teamsters' sets) a few years ago I think? I thought I'd keep this pack sealed as a sample of The Toy Project's packaging 'for posterity'! 
 
Thanks again to Peter for a useful collection of bits and bobs which will all find their use going forwards!

No comments: