About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

T is for They're Only Robots!

I know, I know! It's not Christmas yet, but everything else is out of the way over here (they've still got 'Thanksgiving' over there), so we can begin to get in the spirit, can't we? It's not like I've put a tree up or anything, and, b't . . . THEY'RE ROBOTS! Remember we had that trio of heavy, resin lumps of Robot, Christmas tree decoration from Poundland a year or two ago, well, check these plastic puppies out!

In Homebase now! And they are ridiculously cheap at a Pound, or even 90p each, I can't remember, but it was pin-money! They are only blow-moulded plastic, and normally I try only to buy glass ornaments (tradition), but we had that blow-moulded astronaut from Primark a few years ago, so why not, especially 'cos they're ROBOTS!
 
There's three! There's three of them, and did I say: they're ROBOTS!

2 comments:

Andy B said...

Must get down to Homebase (not something I often say). Really like the robots, hate the glitter- is there anything (like Dettol?) that will remove the glitter?

Hugh Walter said...

Not that I know of Andy? Stronger stuff will take everything off, and you can repaint with metallic spray and something transparent?

H