About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, November 16, 2023

R is for Regular Rubber Rampage!

Eraserbots and Erasersaurs, two of my favourite side-subjects, oozing childhood memories, Christmas spirits and Nostalgia by the handful! As a follow-up to the Charity shop Dinosaur pencil-rubbers, and as a draw-up to Jon Attwood's latest, huge donation, we are going to have a bit of a Saurian season for a day or two!

Today we're looking at those which have come in recently, mostly Charity Shops or donations, and it was three lots, but as we'll see, it is now four, I think! Of which these are the most numerous, and we've probably seen some of them before, Hong Kong marked copies of the Diener poses, or based on them, the other closely related set are 'China' marked.
 
Mostly reasonable sculpts, for what they are, but the green one has a definite Godzilla vibe going-on down that spine, and I'm not sure about the Cycloceratops (or Uniceratops?) bottom right (common for that species with this material), or the stretching brown Arzach at the rear!
 
These I think we've seen twice, under different branding (Asda and Paperchase (now defunct)), so just a loose trio, for colour variations if I haven't already got them? I'm going to have to go through the 'eraser' Tag soon, adding Dinorasers, or Erasersaurs, to all the relevant posts to seperate them from other eraser posts and get them all on one Tag!
 
The Charity shop ones again, the blue chap (or chapess) won't stand up, so I have to lean it against another, each time!
 
Comparison shot of similar pairs across the three lots which have recently come-in, the new charity ones are a mixed bag, with three blobby ones and three quite good sculpts . . . but when I was putting them away, I noticed . . . 
 
. . . the kerthunkasaurus is actually in two parts, which after a quick inspection . . . 
 
. . . revealed that I had three each from two sources, with the two-part dino's being better sculpted, larger models of smaller dinosaurs, while the other three are mini's of larger or 'box scale' animals, which we have seen before, again under more than one brand (The Works and Poundland), as both capsule-type and six-to-a-card toys, respectively.

No comments: