About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 5, 2023

H is for How They Come In - Peter - October

Hot off the postal van, this is Peter's third parcel recently, and very recent, like last week! Another nice group of his chuck-outs, but I want to address the Hing Fat thing hinted at in the previous post first . . . 


. . . . this is the publicity shot from Hing Fat's Faceplant page (not regularly updated), and you can see all the poses (except the prone figure) have the oblong bases, including the two poses we saw with ovoid bases in the previous post . . . 
 
. . . while this is another lot from Peter, and you can see we now have three different figures sporting the ovoid bases? I don't know if it's multiple cavities (per pose) in the one large tool, or more than one tool? They [ovoid bases] don't seem to be as common (maybe 1-in-4?), so I suspect a few extra, duplicate cavities tacked on the end of a larger tool, but I don't know, and now wonder how many poses have the two versions?
 
Lovely elephants and a box-ticking hollow-cast cow who's seen better days, two hollow, two-part animals in a fetching orange polymer, I think they may be Red Deer, some of their other stuff has the same construction values? Flocked bear key-ring and a cake decoration dove, marked-up to Anniversary House, but a copy of a much older model.
 
And another hollow, two-part jobbie, which is obviously a gargoyle, and possibly a touristy thing, or a Harry Potter thing? If the former: it might represent an actual, real-world gargoyle, if the latter: purely fictional?

Papo pirates, in the small size; Papo have promised to send me these about three years running (with lockdown - over the last four years), but never do! But I'm really happy to have the chap firing a cannon from his shoulder with a cross-belt for a satchel full of cannon-balls!
 
Kinder and Phiadal bits and a Superman key-ring in a soft, foamy, rubberised polymer, or elastomer! I'm loving the 'pink section' (of the toy shop!) walking-out/church on Sunday cart, some kind of Polly Pocket thing?

We saw the parachuting skeleton and the three mummies on the 31st, lovely things to get in the post without warning! But equally interesting is the diver, who seems to be a recent/current model and new to blog/collection. The Ninja is a capsule toy, and seems to be from the same people who produce the footballing/skating aliens, another footballer cake decoration and a Hawkin's Bazaar ger'nome make up the shot.

All much appreciated here at Small Scale World, and thanks to Peter for sending them, and having missed the pirates, at least I got those last four out in time for Halloween!

3 comments:

EY said...

Whoever came up with the parachuting skeleton is a genius.

Hugh Walter said...

Hahahaha! I have mini-ones as well EY, they should be on the Blog somewhere!

H

Hugh Walter said...

Yes, here;

https://smallscaleworld.blogspot.com/2017/10/s-is-for-skeleton-sky-divers.html

H