About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, November 17, 2023

I is for Iwako - Toy Fair 2020

Yeap! 2020, because, despite TJF's protestations about "Timely Manner" 's, most of what I shoot at the toy fairs is non-toy soldier, or non-time sensitive, or both, and is as much for my own records as anything else! Particularly with a novelty item like Iwako, who regularly get pirated by Chines producers, so it's as useful to have the record of the right colour-ways to help filter out copies, as anything else!
 
And I did post the new dinosaurs at the time, so this is a sort of bonus post! But to presage the next post, here's what I shot a few weeks before Covid started to visibly undermine capitalism and our trust in capitalists, if we had any?!
 



The main display; showing how this stuff is never actually rare, a row of modern injection-moulding machines will churn that lot out in ten minutes, and they can run for days, weeks or months - if you want, so people getting excited about late-production Starlux or Britains Deetail is just not something I can really get my head round!


Wacky/non-realistic colours were the thing that year!





Larger Paperchase stores had these point-of-sale displays before their recent bankruptcy. Smller stores may have had one of the others above?


That's it, just a bunch of images I took as much for my own amusement as anything else, and with some 45 folders still in Picasa from the 2019, '20 & '22 seasons, and '23's not even sorted/broken-down yet, I'll be bleeding the stuff onto here and the A-Z Blogs for years to come!

No comments: