About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

K is for Crescent!

Because they're Kellogg's of course! Quick box-ticker here now, we've seen them before, again, more than once I think, but they are fun nevertheless, and most kids had some in their biscuit-tin or cigar-box of such things!

Complete set, all with the Kellogg's bases, and therefore sold (given away!) unpainted, six Native American Indians, relatively generic I think . . . mid-plains Indians? And pretty nice sculpts, with three fighting, one dancing, one . . . dancing with fire, or fighting? And a 'How' character!
 
Crescent marked on the left, Kellogg's to the right, he may have lost paint or be a late issue, late Crescent Wild West could be unpainted, or one paint. There are subtle differences between the two sculpts, but it seems Crescent had multiple cavities for at least these, and both 54 & 60mm Combat Infantry sets, maybe others?
 
A painted and paint-loss Cresent above, Kellogg's pair below, I used to think the pointy bases were an early thing, but Cereal Offers have both with the kneeling firer (link below), so it's obviously just a cavity thing?

More here;
 
And Cereal Offers has them here;

2 comments:

JohnM said...

They are lovely sculpts. Bird person is particularly good. I can't remember having them as a kid, maybe a decade before my time. Thanks for posting.

Hugh Walter said...

Glad you like them John, you can track down Hong Kong copies in small scale, even of the bird-man!

H